Update by user Apr 11, 2014

Just a quick update a few weeks after contacting head office I was able to have Carstar NOT take any responsibility but after many phone calls I was able to have them agree to pay for 50% of the wiper blade repair.

When taking my vehicle again to Carstar to have the wipers repaired they managed to break the casing for the wiper blade motor and never told me.

They also fail to replace screws to the casing.This is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.

PLEASE DO NOT USE CARSTAR THEY HAVE NO PRIDE IN THEIR WORK OR OTHER PEOPLES POSSESSIONS.

oh and also when they repaired the window shield they broke then never sealed it properly and I had to take it to another shop to get this repaired by real professionals.

Original review posted by user Feb 07, 2014

I took my car into Carstar after an accident and here is what happened:

When I arrived to pick up the vehicle, the employee assured me that it was in complete working order. Thus, I paid my deductible and signed off on the paper work for the insurance company, only to find out now my wiper blades were not functioning at all. I contacted the Carstar store representative to explain the situation where he responded “Bring it in and will have a look”.

Upon bringing in my vehicle in for the second time the real disaster started. Carstar had examined my wiper blades, motor and wiring where they had told me that there seems to be no power going to the motor and it was not accident related. Once I received this news I went down to Carstar to speak with the store manager about this problem only to find out my vehicle was not at the Carstar location where I had dropped my Passat off but had been moved over to another automotive company called Verwey Automotive and I would need to go down to this automotive location as they need to speak with me about my Passat. Once I arrived at Verwey Automotive they told me they had been instructed to do an alignment on my vehicle and I would need to now purchase new tire rods for my vehicle as mine were ceded. At this time I gave no permission to do this service nor was I told this work had not been completed prior to my first pickup of the vehicle. From here I needed to travel back (on foot) to the Carstar location to speak with the store manager to understand how they returned my vehicle without fulfilling the original work agreement. After speaking with the store manager they assured me they would take care of the issue and put me in a rental for the day until my car was fixed.

Quick Review:

1. Returned car without properly completing repairs

2. Not properly filling out paper work/communicating with Verwey Automotive that certain repairs have not been completed on the Passat

3. Lost power to wiper blades

For my return the third time to pickup my vehicle, my Passat was not located at the Carstar location but left over at Verwey Automotive where I then had to go over to this location to pick up my vehicle, once again receiving my vehicle with the wiper blades still not functioning and now on top of this a cracked windshield. So once again I went back to Carstar to make another complaint and yet again said they would take care of this issue leaving me with no vehicle yet another day and walking home in freezing temperatures.

On my fourth visit to receive my vehicle, my windshield had been fixed but still no wiper blades and they are refusing to make it right.

I have contacted head office and they seem to not want to take this issue seriously and pass the buck. They also did not seemed to concerned about the complaint.

I would encourage you to all write in your stories about Carstar as I know I am not the only one that has run into these issues.

Please stay away from this company as they don't care about the customer nor do they care about the quality of work.

Had an Experience with Carstar?

Comments

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #783090

Returned my car back smelling like oil and dirty.

Burlington, Ontario, Canada #783087

Don't get me started with them

I had a similar issue but with them matching the paint colour of my car. Just no pride in their work at all.